Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas

So, the day that so many of us have been preparing for over the few past weeks and months is just a few hours away!!  Are you excited??


We're pretty much sorted here.  Vegetables prepared, wrapping finished (just!), the dining table set and the house tidy (ish!). 


The girls stayed up late and watched the eagerly anticipated "The Snowman and the Snow Dog".  Did you catch it?  I shan't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it yet, safe to say, a few tears were shed by sleepy little eyes (and not so little eyes) and a box of tissues is advisable if you are an emotional soul like me!

They have left their offering for Father Christmas; a mince pie, sausage roll and a can of Tango - entirely their choice - lets hope he enjoys it!!


They are now snuggled and sleeping soundly in their beds, no doubt dreaming of what lies ahead.  I remember finding it nearly impossible to sleep on Christmas Eve, minutes seemed like hours and I thought "he'd" never arrive.  Thankfully, the girls are good little souls and don't wake us in the early hours, instead waiting until the more reasonable time of 7am.  I was never that good and invariable woke my parents in the wee small hours - they never complained though :o)


We have my parents and brother celebrating with us tomorrow and I shall be doing the Nigella bit in the morning and so, with lights twinkling and the bowl of chocolates beside us, we are making the most of some peace time this evening before the chaos, which will undoubtedly ensue tomorrow!!


All that's left to do now is to wish all you lovely followers a very merry Christmas.  I hope you all have a wonderful time :o)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day, hope you enjoyed it. I had a lazy day of eating & sleeping..... luxury of not having children!! x

    ReplyDelete