Tuesday, 31 December 2013

The Closing of Another Chapter

So here we are again, dear readers, a final post of 2013 before the clock strikes 12, and all that this year has brought us is consigned to the past. 

We’re celebrating at home this year.  The girls are tucked up in their beds while my Mr and I are curled up on the sofa, polishing off some of the seemingly never ending Christmas leftovers!  I wonder what many of you are doing this evening.

In the most part, 2013 has been a pretty good year for us Yeo’s.  Sure, we’ve had some moments which have been sent to try us, but, for the most part, this year has provided us with some truly wonderful memory making experiences, and for that, I feel very blessed. 

When flicking through the endless files of photographs to accompany this post, an overwhelming number of them were of my two beautiful girls. 

Well, what can I say?  Words cannot convey how proud I am of them and all that they do.  I am truly lucky that I get to teach my little ladies at home, because if affords me that special time with them when they are so young.  They teach me so much, each and every day, and fill our home with such infectious, joyous giggles.  My two little lovelies, now aged 6 & 7, have given us so much joy and fun – a year full of laughter!



As well as having my two gorgeous girlies, I should also give mention to my Mr. We’ve been on some great adventures this year.  Camping during a howling gale, and chasing trains in the rain.  Coastal walks on long summer evenings, and woodland wanders, where the spring flowers bloom.  We’ve travelled many a mile, making the most of the limited free time we get to spend together.  From the pebbles on the East coast to the golden sands in the South West, from watching the sunrise over a quiet field in Suffolk, to watching it set again on a cold winter’s day in Norfolk, I am forever thankful that he is here to walk the path beside me. 


From a crafting point of view, it’s been another bumper jumper year.  Although not on the same scale as 2012, this year saw an impressive 17 jumpers depart for pastures new.  I have some amazing new pure wools to crack on with this year – I can’t wait!



 And many a felt posy has been sent on its way, following the successful launch of my Etsy shop this year.  I have loved each and every moment of my felt flower making, especially the poppies, and I am so pleased that my little posies crossed the miles and are now being in enjoyed as far afield as New Zealand, Australia, France, Sweden and America!


 The 1940’s events scene has been truly fantabulous this year, probably the best ever!  We nailed it on a baking hot June day at GCR, and nearly got blown off the field at Ramsey in August.  We were midge fodder at Festival of the Forties in July, and slept among the mole hills at Rufford Abbey in September.  The year ended on a high with our all time favourite event at the North Norfolk Railway.  I cannot wait for the 2014 season to begin again!  So many things I want to knit and I will make myself a dress this year.

I love looking back at all that we have achieved.  A photograph carries with it so many memories.  Sometimes it’s so easy to forget that there is an existence outside of the normal humdrum of everyday life, and just taking time to look back and take stock of everything that has happened in the previous 365 days, I find, is very therapeutic.  It has certainly given me the drive to do everything I can to make 2014 even better!


All that is left to do now is to offer my sincere thanks to each and every one of you that takes the time to read my blog.  I wish you all a happy, healthy 2014.  May in be everything that you wish it to be, and more. 

Be blessed xx

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely family. Hope 2014 brings you lots more happiness and laughter.
    Happy New Year
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping this year is as wonderful for you as the last one looks to have been, Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year. Lovely photo's, your girls are beautiful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year.
    I did enjoy looking at all those beautiful photos on your last post of the year. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow beautiful photos, so many gorgeous jumpers -very jealous -wish I could knit, hoping to teach myself this year! The felted flowers are also gorgeous.
    Brightest Blessings for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the jumpers you have knitted over the year but was wondering if you could tell me where I could find the patterns. I especially like the 2 coloured one which is bottom right on the first picture. Love your blog and really enjoy reading through it for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab blog, now added to my feedly list :) Oh how I wish I could knit, but so very pleased I can feed my vintage lust with such beauties knitted by people like yourself. Best wishes for a happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete