Saturday 1 February 2014

Spreading the Love – Free 1940’s Knitting Patterns!

So February is upon us.  The month where tradition dictates that we show our loved one how much he/she means to us. 

After nearly 13 years together, Mr Y and I don’t go in for all the hearts and flowers.  Back in the early years of our marriage we would celebrate, but now, come February 14th, we will most likely be found snuggled on the sofa, tucking into a curry and watching a DVD – bliss!!  We know how to live it up!!! ;o) 

Anyway, getting into the spirit of the month, and as a thank you to all you lovelies for reading my blog, I thought I’d share some knitting love, coming to you in the form of free vintage knitting patterns! 

Every day, from now until February 28th, I’ll be uploading a free printable knitting pattern, dating from the 1930’s to the 1950’s.  I’ll try to include a range of styles and sizes, making sure that there is something to suit all knitters, from the beginner to the most experienced among you. 

I have stored the patterns in Google Drive, so to be able to access them, I think you have to have a Google account.  If you get any problems, please just send me an email :o)
So, first up is the pattern I used for my Knit For Victory pullover. 


I received such a great response to my version of the pullover, that I thought some of you might like to give it a go. 

As far as Fair Isle pullovers go, this is one of the simpler ones.  Because you only work in two colours at once, it’s a good introduction to Fair Isle.  As with all colour work, you need to take care as you go, but this has a relatively simple pattern repeat and knitted up quite quickly. 

Click HERE for the pattern.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, this is going to be great. What a lovely idea. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really kind of you Lucy :-) Thanks for sharing. By the way, do you reckon that knitting the pullover in DK would increase the size without having to go through the mathematical palaver of sizing up? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you don't mind me answering this Lucy......... I would do a test square first, but yes it will make it bigger, also knitting on a size larger needle will make it bigger too.
      Julie xxxxxx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing - guess what a certain person is getting for his birthday!
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to be able to see this pattern, but the link says I don't have permission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you are having trouble accessing the pattern. I have saved it as a PDF in google drive. To access it, I think you have to have a google email account?! If you send me an email to style1940s@yahoo.co.uk I'll happily email you a copy of the PDF.
      Many thanks
      Lucy

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited! Thank you for sharing the love!

    My mr. and I will have been married 15 yaers on the 12th. We never celebrate the 14th because of the date of our anniversary being so close! But the nice thing about it is that there are always nice presents available for our anniversary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're too kind to us Lucy! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful, I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the patterns!

    ReplyDelete